Monday, August 25, 2014

UPDATE/Pastels

UPDATE: I disappeared for amazing reasons! I'm working to start a travel company, so that entails A LOT of time and effort. I've got a majority of things finished and am now back to keep my blog up! More details to come with the travel company!


I just want to point out that I am a FIRM believer pastels own all other colors. Pastels are the best for a perfect pop of color and I happen to live for Spring and Summer seasons. I know plenty of people who are forced to wear all black for work or just choose to wear all black who always wear some bold, statement necklace or bright shoes. One of my favorite ways to play up all black outfits is nail varnish and lipstick.

I, firstly, wanted to share just a couple of my go-to pastel lipsticks.

Top Shops' Pillow Talk. It's an everyday pastel. I happen to wear to go through it far too fast. You do have to reapply maybe once a day (after eating normally) but it's the perfect subtle pastel. I have found that the more you apply, the more opaque it will become. I like to wear it both ways depending on the look I'm going for it.
Top Shops' Pillow Talk - $16.00
 
Lime Crimes' COSMOPOP. It's a Creamsicle delight. How Lime Crime gets their lipstick unbelievably opaque is mind-boggling. This color, in my opinion, is perfect for hot summer days. People will instantly think ice cream and will be begging to know where you got this summery hue.
 Lime Crimes' CosmoPop - $18.00
 


Lime Crimes' D-LILAC and MINT TO BE. They are probably the most adventurous of pastels that I've chosen, but I think every woman should venture out sometime and scoop up these gorgeous colors. They bring a stunning pop of color and I promise you will always have someone asking where you got your lipstick.
Lime Crimes' D'LILAC - $18.00
Lime Crimes' Mint To Be - $18.00
 
I realize most were Lime Crime lipsticks that I have chosen, but their colors are incomparable.
The opaque and unique factors this company brings is addicting. They glide onto your lips so smoothly and you don't have to apply all day with most. I would recommend checking out the rest of their products is you love great packaging, unique colors, and incredible staying power.
You can click here to check their site out.
 
 
Now for NAILS!
 
Essies' Mint Candy Apple. Being a mint freak (color, chocolate, ice cream, etc.) This is my go-to color. Even in the Winter time, I'm wearing this mint color - it almost reminds me of snowflakes for some odd reason! It's also the perfect beach hue. Basically, I only have wonderful words for this polish and I will wear it any season, at any time.
 
Essies' Mint Candy Apple - $8.50
 
Butter Londons' Cheeky Chops is described as a bright yellow, but when I've worn it (which is often), I would describe it as a pastel yellow. It is a bit more pricey, but if you have ever used this nail polish you will know that the stay power is outrageous. I never have a problem with chipping or peeling. My only complaint is the drying time, it's not most quick drying but I do have tips on how-to make that stage go faster. Let me know if you'd enjoy a how-to on drying nail quicker!
Butter Londons' Cheeky Chops - $15.00
 
Last, but certainly not least, is Miss Tanya Burrs' Little Duck. I love all blues, but I find it hard to rave about too many pastel blue nail polishes. THIS, however, is so beautiful! Our favorite Youtuber has come out with such a lovely color.. This could be worn with most colors, as it's very subtle - but when worn with all black, it is definitely a POP! Plus the name is super cute. ;)
Tanya Burrs' Little Duck - NOW ON SALE $6.81
Click here to take you to it before it's out of stock or the sale ends!
 
 
I would love to hear what pastel nail polish and lipsticks are your favorite - I'm always looking to try new products! Or, let me know if you hate pastels and only prefer darker colors or brighter colors! Thanks so much little love bugs!
 
XO,
Jade

1 comment: