Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Top 5 MAC Lipsticks - Louboutin Edition

No, no, no.. MAC (unfortunately) didn't come out with another limited edition featuring every ladies dream shoe! I just decided to do a top 5 for my favorite red MAC lipsticks - you know, like Louboutins' infamous red sole - only my list is much cheaper!
 
From classic Monroe to rocker Stefani and vintage-goth Von Teese, I tend to think of myself as a flourishing celebrity any time I put red lipstick on. Personally, it gives a simple kind of self-confidence and if you pick the right color, really makes your pearly whites pop! Just a heads up, my list is starting from 1 being my most favorite. So, let's begin!
 
5. Diva

Diva is a matte, burgundy-red. The only thing I have to say about this color is:
let your inner Rihanna out.
This is definitely a hip shakin', body rollin' kind of color.
 
4. True Love's Kiss - Maleficent Edition
The picture doesn't come close to depicting how beautiful this hue is. It's a very opaque, bright red with warmer-neutral tones. It's got a gorgeous sheen and applies very smooth. I would plan to wear this color out in the day time when the sun can hit it. Once it does, the shimmer comes out and makes this lipstick 10x more exciting.
 
3. Lady Danger
I LOVE this coral-red lipstick. I get a lot of controversy on this color because of the coral. People complain to me that coral "isn't their look" or it makes their teeth look more yellow. I despise most people who tell me that a shade isn't their look - I believe the color isn't your look, but make the look your color! If you want to wear coral.. wear it and own it! For the yellow teeth, luckily Lady Danger is more red, than coral and it's actually really nice to your teeth. It's not as nice as Ruby Woo - but it's not going to make them look dingy. Overall, it's a great summer color.
 
2. Russian Red
A classic to most - all the celebrities and beauty bloggers rave about Russian Red. You cannot go wrong with this intense matte bluish-red toned lipstick. It's stunning and pairs well with MAC's Brick Lip Pencil. Great for any occasion, but I mostly prefer it for a lovely night out.
 
1. Ruby Woo
 
Absolutely stunning. With a very vivid blue-red undertone, it's recommended on cool and neutral skin tones. With that being said, I have seen some very warm-toned ladies pull off this color better than most. Since this product IS retro matte, it's best to exfoliate with some type of lip scrub before use (I use Lush Popcorn scrub). If I want more of an easy application, I will cover my entire lips in MACs' Cherry lip pencil first. It's great for an everyday look with classic winged liner! This is my winner!
 
 
 
I am swooning over these lipsticks all over again! If you guys recommend any great red lipsticks from MAC or from any other brand, let me know! I'd love to hear about everyone's favorite reds!
 
Xo, Jade

No comments:

Post a Comment